Thank you to all those who have been working overnight to respond to the flooding across Wrexham, in particular our emergency services and WCBC.
Dŵr Cymru have produced the helpful infographic below to explain what you should do in the event of flooding.
My team and I are on hand to help those who need it, please don't hesitate to contact me on the details below:
Fire and rescue services:
Natural Resources Wales:
Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water:
Water services and emergencies:
Sewerage services and emergencies:
Wrexham County Borough Council:
- If you're concerned about flooding in your area from main rivers, call Floodline on 0345 988 1188.
- Flooding from non-main rivers, stream and ditches, call WCBC on 01978 298989
- WCBC holds stocks of sandbags for use by the public. Supply is limited during a flooding event or when a flood event is predicted. To request sandbags, call the contact centre on 01978 298989.
- Advice to households of flood affected properties: http://old.wrexham.gov.uk/assets/pdfs/env_services/env_protection/l47_advice_on_flood_affected_property.pdf
- For information visit: http://old.wrexham.gov.uk/english/faq/flooding.htm
What to do if you've been flooded
Having spoken to Wockhardt about the flooding in Wrexham, I am pleased to hear that business continues as normal.
There was no water ingress into the facility, there was no disruption to power and the vaccine production was not compromised.