Today (4th January) the First Minister announced that schools are to remain closed until 18th January.
What will happen now?
- Schools and colleges would remain open for children of critical workers and vulnerable learners, as well as for learners who needed to complete essential exams or assessments
- All childcare settings can remain open
- Universities in Wales have already agreed a staggered start to term
- Welsh university students studying in England should not return to campuses and will be taught online after a separate lockdown was imposed
For the latest information on schools in Wrexham visit WCBC's website.
Following the return of pupils all schools and colleges in Wales are to be offered rapid coronavirus tests in the first programme of its kind in the UK.
The 30-minute tests will be available from next month, at the start of the school day for students or staff who have been in close contact with an infected person and are at risk of transmitting Covid-19.
BBC Bitesize: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize
All-in-one Homeschool: https://allinonehomeschool.com/
Khan Academy: https://www.khanacademy.org/
The Artful Parent: https://artfulparent.com/
- Primary - https://education.theiet.org/home-learning-resources-key-stage-1-and-2/
- Secondary - https://education.theiet.org/home-learning-resources-key-stage-3-and-4/
Premier League: https://plprimarystars.com/
S4C - Ysgol Cyw: http://www.s4c.cymru/cy/ysgol-cy
Mewn ymateb i’r penderfyniad i gau ysgolion Cymru yn sgil pryderon am COVID-19, mae S4C wedi lansio Ysgol Cyw sef pecyn o raglenni addysgiadol i blant ifanc.
Following the closure of schools across Wales due to the concerns about COVID-19, S4C has launched Ysgol Cyw, a package of educational programmes for young children
- Sblij a sbloj: https://www.s4c.cymru/clic/programme/796159398
- Amser Maith, Maith yn ol: https://www.s4c.cymru/clic/programme/802852192
- Bing: https://www.s4c.cymru/clic/programme/805586016
- Sbri di Ri: https://www.s4c.cymru/clic/programme/501694013
- Launch of a new Cyw app, which offers a place for kids to learn,play and have fun - for more information: http://www.s4c.cymru/en/press/post/37349/new-app-takes-children-on-an-adventure-with-cyw/
FREE holiday catch-up classes in Maths and English for the children of Wrexham: see www.InvictaAcademy.com
- Invicta Academy is opening its virtual doors again over Christmas to offer children FREE and heavily subsidised Maths and English lessons, every day from Monday, 28th December to Friday, 1st January 2021.
- Started by former Academy Governor, Anna Firth and Stephen James, a teacher in Folkestone and backed by the Prime Minister and the Education Secretary, the National Invicta Academy is a Community Interest Company, offering high-quality Maths and English classes taught by full-qualified teachers with enhances DBS checks to help your children catch up.
- Book your places at www.InvictaAcademy.com
- Also, if you have any FSM or PP children in schools in your area who may benefit from free catch-up lessons this half term, please sign post schools, families, community groups & parish councils to https://www.invictaacademyfoundation.com/
For information on higher education, visit: https://www.sarahatherton.org.uk/coronavirus-higher-education