I am pleased to hear about this funding opportunity linked with the West Cheshire & North Wales Chamber of Commerce to help with import and export training. The SME Support Fund could provide up to £2,000 to help access international trade training.
It would also provide financial support to attend the Chamber’s International Trade training courses or enable access to professional advice.
In the first instancing applicants must register their interest to the scheme and will be required to provide quotes for any trading of advice. West Cheshire & North Wales Chamber would also be happy to explore International Trade advice and support with you enabling you to utilise the grant to support your business.
You’ll be able to use the grant for for training on:
- how to complete customs declarations.
- how to manage customs processes and use customs software and systems.
- specific import and export related aspects including VAT, excise and rules of origin.
To be eligible, your business must:
- be established in the UK
- have been established in the UK for at least 12 months before submitting the application, or currently hold Authorised Economic Operator status
- not have previously failed to meet its tax or customs obligations
- have no more than 500 employees
- have no more than £100 million turnover
- import or export goods between Great Britain and the EU, or moves goods between Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Your business must also either:
- complete (or intend to complete) import or export declarations internally for its own goods
- use someone else to complete import or export declarations but requires additional capability internally to effectively import or export (such as advice on rules of origin or advice on dealing with a supply chain)
And for more information regarding the support available from West Cheshire and North Wales Chamber of Commerce please contact them at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do feel free to contact me and my office if you have any questions too.
Stay updated with my work in Wrexham and Westminster and sign up to my monthly newsletter