I am pleased to share an exciting opportunity for local charities or initiatives that support the Armed Forces community to secure grant funding. Charities, local authorities, armed forces units or other statutory bodies can all apply!
The Ministry of Defence provides £10 million a year to be distributed by the Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust in the form of grants for programmes that support the armed forces community. For 2020-21, the Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust has a further £10 million to specifically deliver charitable projects and initiatives that support veterans with mental health needs.
Previously successful bids include:
- Schemes delivering specialist employability workshops for veterans with severe mental health conditions.
- A project to raise awareness of South Asian soldiers in WW2.
- Funding to create a special garden to mark 75 years since D Day.
- Building nurseries in a civilian area with a high density of Armed Forces families.
- A scheme to support the integration of Gurkha veterans in British society.
- Provision of peer support among the Armed Forces community.
- Military-themed community activities to boost understanding between the Armed Forces community and the civilian community.
To apply, go to the Covenant Fund Trust application portal at: https://covenantfund.org.uk/your-application/
There is no deadline for applications, which can be submitted and will be assessed on a rolling basis.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me on email@example.com. Whilst I cannot submit the bids on your behalf, I will be more than happy to assist or answer any questions!
For further information, go to:
- Armed Forces Covenant Fund: https://covenantfund.org.uk/
- Armed Forces Covenant Fund FAQ: https://covenantfund.org.uk/faqs/
- Additional COVID 19 Funding available: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/funding-to-support-armed-forces-charities-doing-vital-work-during-pandemic
Stay updated with my work in Wrexham and Westminster and sign up to my monthly newsletter