Government Support for Businesses
The Chancellor has set out a package of temporary, timely and targeted measures to support public services, people and businesses through this period of disruption caused by COVID-19.
- Government Support – Information on support provided via the Welsh Government, including Business Rate Relief and Business Grant Schemes
- Business Wales - Information on support provided via the Welsh Government
- Telephone: 0300 060 3000 - Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm
- BEIS guidance to employers and businesses about covid-19 – Link to information and guidance from the UK Government on areas such as Statutory Sick Pay, Advice for employees which have travelled to high risk areas and home working
- Gov.UK Support for Businesses - Information on the support provided by the UK Government.
- HMRC - phone helpline to support businesses and self-employed people concerned about not being able to pay their tax due to coronavirus
- 0800 0159 559.
- Wrexham County Borough Council Business & Investment Team
- T: 01978 667300
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Development Bank of Wales - Information of services available via the Development Bank of Wales
- The Welsh Government and the Development Bank of Wales have announced the £100m Covid-19 Wales Business Loan Scheme to support businesses affected by the Covid-19 outbreak.
- The Scheme will be available from the Development Bank of Wales for a limited period. It is intended to provide support to businesses who are experiencing cash flow difficulties as a result of the pandemic.
- The loan scheme will work alongside the UK wide Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme, other Welsh Government and UK Government support offers, providing more vital options for Welsh businesses.
- Loans of between £5,000 and £250,000 are available to businesses who have been trading longer than 2 years and can demonstrate that they were able to service that level of debt before the outbreak.
- Details of the fund, eligibility and application process can be found on the Development Bank of Wales’s website
The Prime Minister is calling for a national effort in ventilator production to help fight coronavirus.
The government is looking for businesses who can support in the supply of ventilators and ventilator components across the UK as part of our response to COVID-19.
As well as manufacturers, we are looking for businesses with the following skills:
- rapid prototyping
- contract/product assembly
- medical training
Further Businesses to close
Guidance on the closure of all retailers that sell non-essential goods and other non-essential premises, as part of further social distancing measures. To view, click here.
Support for Employees
For information on government support for employees, click here.