Coronavirus (COVID-19) support is available to employers and the self-employed. You may be eligible for loans, tax relief and cash grants.
Resources for Businesses
The Chancellor has set out a package of temporary, timely and targeted measures to support public services, people and businesses through this period of disruption caused by COVID-19.
- UK Government Support - Information on the support provided by the UK Government (NOT all of this information applies to businesses in Wales)
- support for businesses and self-employed people through deferring VAT and Income Tax payments.
- support for businesses who are paying sick pay to employees and the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme.
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme. All UK employers will be able to access support to continue paying 80% of their employees’ salary for those employees that would otherwise have been laid off during the crisis.
- Self-employment income support scheme
- Extra protection for businesses with ban on evictions for commercial tenants who miss rent payments (23 March)
- Companies to receive 3-month extension period to file accounts during COVID-19 (25 March)
- Guidance for UK businesses trading internationally
- Guidance on the closure of certain businesses and venues as part of further social distancing measures
- Check if you can claim the Job Retention Bonus from 15 February 2021
- HMRC - phone helpline to support businesses and self-employed people concerned about not being able to pay their tax due to coronavirus
- 0800 0159 559.
- Welsh Government Support – Information on support provided via the Welsh Government, including Business Rate Relief and Business Grant Schemes
- Guidance to employers and businesses on COVID-19
- ReAct and coronavirus: guidance for training providers
- ReAct and coronavirus: guidance for employers
- Economic Resilience Fund 3rd Phase: a fund to support businesses in Wales with development projects to assist with recovery from the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic and future sustainability.
- Business Wales - Information on support provided via the Welsh Government
- Telephone: 0300 060 3000 - Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm
- Information for businesses in Wales on financial support and grants, and business rates relief.
- Information on the Economic Resilience Fund for small and medium sized firms (including businesses, charities and social enterprises) and Development Bank of Wales loans announced on 30 March, which are now fully subscribed.
- Covid-19 Resilience Innovation Project Support
- BEIS guidance to employers and businesses about covid-19 – Link to information and guidance from the UK Government on areas such as Statutory Sick Pay, Advice for employees which have travelled to high risk areas and home working
- Wrexham County Borough Council Business & Investment Team
- Development Bank of Wales - Information of services available via the Development Bank of Wales
- The Welsh Government and the Development Bank of Wales have announced the £100m Covid-19 Wales Business Loan Scheme to support businesses affected by the Covid-19 outbreak.
- The Scheme will be available from the Development Bank of Wales for a limited period. It is intended to provide support to businesses who are experiencing cash flow difficulties as a result of the pandemic.
- The loan scheme will work alongside the UK wide Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme, other Welsh Government and UK Government support offers, providing more vital options for Welsh businesses.
- Loans of between £5,000 and £250,000 are available to businesses who have been trading longer than 2 years and can demonstrate that they were able to service that level of debt before the outbreak.
- Details of the fund, eligibility and application process can be found on the Development Bank of Wales’s website
Use the business support finder to see what is available to you and your business.
Support for Employees
For information on government support for employees, click here.
If I can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me using the details below:
T: 01978 291742 | 020 7219 4885
P: House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA
For businesses operating in Wales, visit the Welsh Government's website for the latest guidance.