What I have done to make sure Wrexham's green spaces are protected:
Supported the Hillock Lane Action Group to oppose the Hillock Lane Development:
- Taking action against this Development meant that it was rejected by Wrexham Council - a win for Wrexham!
Worked with the Council and developers to reduce congestion around the Crown Crossroads in Llay by making sure the planned improvements to the junction go ahead
Lobbied the Welsh Government to protect residents from the visual and noise pollution from the Wrexham bypass:
- Due to the felling of roadside trees, the pollution from the bypass increased - impacting the tranquillity of this residential area of Wrexham.
- Wrote to the Welsh Government to install better roadside protection.
Worked with residents, the Council and Wrexham Litter Pickers to ensure our parks and streets are clean and looked after:
- Supported Wrexham Council's actions to stop fly-tipping by installing CCTV as well as more regular patrols from the street scene team.
- September 2020: Pleased to honour the Great British September Clean by joining a group of hardworking litter pickers.
- March 2021: Having had a number of pieces of correspondence about rubbish and fly-tipping, such as fly-tipping on Chain Road in Stansty, I went to see the situation for myself and to collect some litter.
- January 2022: Joined the Wrexham Litter Pickers to help clean up the River Gwenfro and find out more about their amazing work.
- May 2022: Joined the Wrexham Litter Pickers, where we collected 34 bags of litter from across town.
Supported making Dean Road Playing Field a village green:
- Wrote to Wrexham Council in support of the application for registration of land as a Town or Village green.
Committed to tackling flooding in Wrexham:
- Welcomed Wrexham Council's decision to give victims of flooding financial support up to £1000 to help with costs.
- Visiting flood-prone areas in Wrexham, in particular Darland Lane, and praising Wrexham Council for administering the flood risk alleviation scheme.
Supported the Rossett Focus Group (RFG) in opposition to the Castle Green Development:
- Chaired a meeting between Natural Resources Wales (Welsh Government) and RFG to ensure both sides could put forward their case.